I don't live on a farm anymore, but I am still enamored by the quiet simplicity of farm life, and find myself surrounded by small, simple things that bring me the same kind of joy:
hot coffee topped with whip cream in my own kitchen
tiny words of wisdom written on chai tea packets
reds, greens, yellows, and oranges neatly arranged in the produce aisle
$5.00 bouquets of mums
nephews who love you THIIIIIIISSSSSSS much (with arms spread so wide someone is bound to fall over)
candy corn in vintage jars on top of my fridge (which will never make it to the trick or treaters)
Emily Dickinson, the greatest student of simplicity wrote, “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” Here's to you, Emily for always having the right words, and here's to hoping we'll always be able to find something in the mundane to celebrate.
2 comments:
Hi Jennifer,
You don't know me, but I feel like I know you through Mimi. I just figured I would check out your blog and I am so glad I did. I love the quote from Emily Dickinson, just what I needed today. Thanks! ~Susanne
I can't think of a better way to waste work hours than by reading your blog! I'm catching up on weeks worth of stories and I had to smile at the idea of Little Jennifer believing she lived on a farm. I learned something new about you today.....
-sg
Post a Comment